This section details the steps required for recompiling the Maximo Java (used by RMI) stub files. These files are used by The Remote Method Invocation (RMI) files. Note: This process should only be done when the need arises.
The Remote Method Invocation (RMI) files shipped with Maximo are often incomplete (particularly in the case of Maximo 5.x). This can cause problems performing certain functions through DataSplice. Fortunately, these can be easily recompiled using a script provided by the Plug-in Installer.
- Download the following files from the bottom of this document:
- Paste the files directly into the root directory on the Maximo server computer where the \psdi folder resides.
- The default for Maximo 5.x is C:\MAXIMO. (This may or may not be the same physical server as the one housing the DataSplice Server and Plug-in.)
- The default for Maximo 6.x/7.x is C:\Maximo\Applications\maximo\businessobjects\classes.
- After the files have been successfully copied into the destination directory, open DataSplice_MAXIMO_rmic.bat with a text editor to examine its contents.
rem DataSplice_MAXIMO_rmic.bat echo off rem by default MAX_HOME for MAXIMO 5 is c:\ibm\SMP\maximo\ rem by default MAX_HOME for MAXIMO 6 & 7 is c:\ibm\SMP\maximo\applications\maximo\businessobjects\classes\ rem This needs a trailing slash rem set MAX_HOME=c:\ibm\SMP\maximo\ set MAX_HOME=c:\ibm\SMP\maximo\applications\maximo\businessobjects\classes\ rem for MAXIMO 5 rem set JAVA_HOME=c:\bea\jdk131_06 rem for MAXIMO 6 rem set JAVA_HOME=c:\bea\jdk142_05 rem for MAXIMO 7 set JAVA_HOME=c:\bea\jdk150_12 set CLASSPATH=%MAX_HOME%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar rem for MAXIMO 5 rem set ANT_HOME=c:\maximo\ant1.5 rem for MAXIMO 6 & 7 set ANT_HOME=c:\maximo\tools\ant set ANT_OPTS=-Xmx512m set BUILD_FOLDER_COMMAND=DataSplice_MAXIMO_rmic_folder.bat if not "%1" == "clean" goto do_build echo Deleting existing RMI stub files to ensure a clean build for /r %MAX_HOME% %%d in (*_Stub.class) do del %%d :do_build echo do the build! echo Building RMI stub files for each folder in the MAXIMO root for /d /r %MAX_HOME% %%d in (*) do call %BUILD_FOLDER_COMMAND% %%d
- If the Maximo directory is different than the default, modify the MAX_HOME variable accordingly.
- If the Java VM path is different than the default, modify the JAVA_HOME variable accordingly.
- Use the same version of Java for which the Maximo EAR's were built on.
- Launch the DataSplice_MAXIMO_rmic.bat script by double-clicking it in Windows Explorer or invoking it via a command line window. The script should begin to run. This may take quite a while, because the stub files for hundreds of classes will be inspected, and potentially recompiled. Please allow the script to run to completion.
- Additionally, the script can be run with the "clean" flag to remove existing stub files and ensure a clean build. Navigate to the script via the CMD and specify, "DataSplice_MAXIMO_rmic.bat clean" to run the process with the flag.
- If any errors occur, verify that the rmic executable is in the current path, and rerun the script.
- When the script finishes, ensure DataSplice has the latest class files defined in the Maximo plug-in.
For additional assistance please email email@example.com and we'd be happy to help!
DataSplice RMIC Script Download: https://dl.datasplice.com/downloads/releases/misc/rmic/DataSplice_Maximo_RMIC.zip