This error message can occur when a user is logging into the DataSplice client. There are several possible explanations for it.
Causes and Fixes
- The user is entering an incorrect password (most common)
- Test: Can the user successfully login from another device? (if possible)
- Test: Check and make sure that the keyboard is functioning properly and that caplock is not on.
- The user's Maximo account is locked out
- Test: Can the user login through the Maximo front end?
- Fix: Contact a Maximo administrator and have the user's account unlocked.
- DataSplice's MaximoPlugin and DbPlugin are not pointed at the same Maximo instance (rare)
- Test: Use the Admin Client to view the settings for each plugin
- Fix: Correct the settings in the respective plugin.