Updating to a different version of Maximo in most cases will require the use of new or additional classes (JAR's) for the Maximo plug-in. If the update does not require the use of additional classes, be sure to update the referenced "businessobjects" location.
IMPORTANT: DataSplice must utilize the latest classes for the plug-in to work correctly. Anytime Maximo is updated be sure to copy the latest businessobjects classes to the DataSplice "JavaClasspath" location from the screenshot below.
The following classes/JAR's must be defined in the Maximo plug-in's classpath separated with a semi-colon(;) and without spaces. Note: The last classpath does not need a semi-colon.
- C:\ibm\SMP\maximo\applications\maximo\businessobjects\classes (Required for 7.x)
- Alternatively, you can also use the businessobjects.jar file from the deployed ear file in place of the classes folder. This method is often much faster to copy across the network. To get this jar file you can take a copy of the deployed ear file, rename it to .zip, and open it with Windows explorer and extract the businessobjects.jar file from there.
- C:\ibm\SMP\maximo\tools\maximo\internal\mail.jar (Required for 7.x)
- C:\ibm\SMP\maximo\applications\maximo\lib\log4j-1.2.16.jar (Only required for Maximo 7.5 and 7.6)
- C:\ibm\SMP\maximo\applications\maximo\lib\icu4j.jar (Only required for Maximo 7.5 and 7.6)
- C:\ibm\SMP\maximo\applications\maximo\lib\json4j.jar (Only required for Maximo 7.6)
Example for Maximo 7.6: C:\ibm\SMP\maximo\applications\maximo\businessobjects\classes;C:\ibm\SMP\maximo\tools\maximo\internal\mail.jar;C:\ibm\SMP\maximo\applications\maximo\lib\log4j-1.2.16.jar;C:\ibm\SMP\maximo\applications\maximo\lib\icu4j.jar;C:\ibm\SMP\maximo\applications\maximo\lib\json4j.jar
Ensure the paths look correct, save the changes if the plugin has been modified, select the "VerifyConnection" checkbox, save changes again, and restart the DataSplice service.
Supporting Documentation: http://docs.datasplice.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Maximo+Integration+Plugin
For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help!