Intermec/Honeywell introduced scanning intent engine software on their handhelds running Android 6.x and above that is used to pass scanned tags to DataSplice. This software supports multiple scanning profiles, so a profile needs to be created specifically for DataSplice.
(Note: This article does not apply to Intermec Android devices running Android 4.x -- for these, one only needs to select the Intermec driver within the DataSplice app's hardware dropdown list.)
Setting Up a DataSplice Profile
- Open the device's main Settings app
- Under the "Honeywell Settings" section, find the Scanning option and tap it
- Tap "Internal Scanner"
- Tap the + in the upper-right to begin creating a new scanning profile
- Tap "select an application" and then find and tap DataSplice in the list
- Tap on the new DataSplice profile to edit it
- Tap "Data Processing Settings"
- At the bottom, enable the checkboxes by "Scan To Intent" and "Data Intent"
- Tap on the words "Data Intent" to edit this option's values
- Tap on "Action" and type in 'com.datasplice.intent.RECEIVE_SCAN' and hit OK
Enabling the Intent Scanner in DataSplice
- Inside of the DataSplice app, navigate to the hardware settings page and select 'Intent Scanner'