When testing DataSplice configuration it's important to have a clean cache, or in other words, a fresh slate to ensure there is no interference. The following steps will ensure the cache is properly cleared.
Note: Using the DataSplice Standalone Client? The same steps apply.
1. While viewing DataSplice from Google Chrome open the "Developer Console" by pressing F12.
a. This can also be opened from Menu > More Tools > Developer Console.
2. Once the Developer Console is open there will be several tabs: Elements, Console, [...], Application, etc... Open the "Application" tab.
3. On the left side of the Application pane are various options: Manifest, Service Workers, and Clear Storage. Select the "Clear Storage" child menu.
4. The Clear Storage section allows you to specify what content should be cleared. For DataSplice testing purposes, it's important to clear all by checking: Unregister service workers, Local and session storage, Indexed DB, Web SQL, Cookies, Cache storage, and Application Cache.
5. To clear all the selected content press the "Clear Site Data" button.
6. Now that all the content is cleared the application will need to re-cache the data. Right click on Google Chrome's refresh icon which will display three options: Normal Reload, Hard Reload, and, Empty Cache and Hard Reload. Select "Empty Cache and Hard Reload." If using the DataSplice Standalone Client refresh by pressing F5.
7. The page will now refresh and re-cache the new data for a clean testing environment.
For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help!